West Bloomfield, MI
Overview of the Horticulture Technician Position:
Are you a self-motivated, self-professed plant nerd? Do you strive to deliver an amazing experience to customers? Do you love to work independently? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for a Horticultural Technician to join our team to help with the maintenance and care of indoor plants and horticultural products for our clients year-round.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that clients’ plant installations are maintained and cared for consistently. You will travel to your client locations to water, prune, and perform general maintenance of their interior plant installations. In short, you’ll be the front line face of Planterra by delivering an amazing experience to our clients and their horticultural needs.
Horticulture Technician Responsibilities:
- Deliver an amazing and professional customer experience.
- Care for tropical plants, flowers, and trees to ensure they are healthy and visually appealing.
- Prune, water, fertilize, clean, and identify plants, pests, and diseases.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and clutter-free environment on all job sites.
- Communicating the need to replace plants and assist with the delivery of replacement plants as needed.
- Select, clean, and prepare plants for installation routes.
- On a seasonal basis, assist with the delivery and care of holiday foliage and décor.
- Other activities as needed
Horticulture Technician Skills & Qualifications:
- Desire to go above and beyond for customers to deliver an amazing and professional experience.
- Experience or desire to work with plants in a wide variety of spaces.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet in a professional manner as issues arise.
- Self-motivation and willingness to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to maintain schedules and be prompt to job sites and with all responsibilities.
- Basic computer literacy, including the use of smartphones.
- A valid Michigan driver’s and a clean driving record and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift 20 lb. water buckets and load and unload 50-75 lb. plants and containers throughout the day.
- Able to climb ladders and have good dexterous use of both hands. Able to use scissors, pruners, hoses, pump sprayers, and other small tools.
- Ability to stand, bend, and be on feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Available to work days, with the occasional nights or weekend needed.
- Ability to work in humid and hot conditions.
Horticulture Technician Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Full-Time or Part-Time Year-Round Hours
- Paid Time-Off
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid training
Planterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Planterra is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Planterra is also committed to creating a safe environment in response to the COVID pandemic. As a result, we have put in place a range of safety protocols for all employees, clients, candidates, and vendors to ensure we are doing our part to keep all safe.