Ann Arbor, MI
Overview of the Horticulture Technician Position:
Are you a self-motivated, professed plant nerd? Do you strive to deliver an amazing experience to customers? Do you love to work independently? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for a Horticultural Technician to join our team to help with the maintenance and care of indoor plants and horticultural products for our clients year-round.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that our clients’ plant installations are prepared and maintained on a consistent basis. You will maintain a route of clients by traveling to their locations to water, prune, and performer general maintenance of their interior plantscapes. In short, you’ll be the front line face of Planterra by delivering an amazing experience to our clients and their horticultural needs.
Horticulture Technician Responsibilities:
- Delivering an amazing customer experience in a professional manner.
- Receiving, unloading and unpacking plants for client locations.
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing plants for installation routes.
- Making deliveries of new installation work orders and/or replacement work orders.
- Caring for tropical plants, flowers, and trees.
- Pruning, watering, fertilizing, cleaning and identifying plants pests and diseases.
- On a seasonal basis assisting with the delivery of holiday foliage and décor.
- Other activities as needed
Horticulture Technician Skills & Qualifications:
- Desire to go above and beyond for customers to deliver an amazing and professional experience.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet in a professional manner as issues arise.
- Self-motivation and willing to work independently on a consistent basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to maintain schedules and be prompt to job sites and with all responsibilities.
- Experience and/or desire to work with plants and in a horticultural atmosphere.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well in teams, independently as well as with clients and vendors.
- A valid Michigan driver’s and a clean driving record and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift 10 lb. water buckets and/or load and unload 50-75 lb. plants and containers throughout the day.
- Able to climb ladders and have good dexterous use of both hands. Must be able to use scissors, pruners, hand saws, hoses, and other small tools.
- Ability to apply leaf cleaners and insecticides using hand-held pump sprayers.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in humid and hot conditions
Horticulture Technician Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Full-Time or Part-Time Year Round Hours
- Paid Time-Off
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid training
Think you have what it takes? Then submit your resume today!