West Bloomfield Township, MI
Overview of the Delivery Driver & Installer Role:
Are you a self-starter that loves to work with their hands? Do you find yourself on the go and always looking for more to do? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for a Delivery Driver & Installer to join our team on a permanent and year-round basis to help with the delivery and execution of plant installations throughout Southeast Michigan.
In this role, you will be responsible for loading and delivering plants of various sizes to our client locations. In addition, you’ll assist with the installation of plants and other materials in a wide variety of interior environments for Planterra clients. This person will also be responsible for ensuring all projects are installed with the utmost professionalism and maintain a keen sense of the customers’ needs. In short, you’ll be the go-to person for making sure a wide variety of amazing plants get to our clients’ spaces all year long.
Delivery Driver & Installer Responsibilities:
- Transport display items to installation locations; loading/unloading trucks, moving boxes, and displays to the installation site and designated storage space.
- Execute interior plant installations according to specifications provided on a work order while following safety procedures.
- Organize supplies and materials needed to ensure displays are installed professionally and efficiently.
- Perform vehicle and equipment checks daily.
- Maintain workspace while on-site to keep site and equipment in a continuous safe, clean, and professional state.
- Assist with some exterior landscaping both at client locations and at the conservatory.
- Communicate project statuses to management consistently.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications of a Delivery Driver & Installer:
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet in a professional manner as issues arise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to go above and beyond for customers to deliver an amazing and professional experience.
- Desire to maintain schedules and be prompt to job sites and with all responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well in teams, independently as well as with clients and vendors.
- Experience working with plants, landscaping, or in a horticultural atmosphere preferred.
- A valid Michigan driver’s, Chauffeur’s license, and DOT card with a clean driving record required.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and be constantly on the move, standing or reaching with hands, and use hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in humid and hot conditions
What You Can Expect:
- Permanent Year-Round Employment
- Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly Schedule
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training
Think you have what it takes? Then submit your resume today!
Planterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Planterra is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.