West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Overview of the role:
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in the event planning field? Do you love to work with your hands? Do you find yourself always being that go to person to pull together amazing events? Then we want to hear from you! We’re looking for and Event Specialist that can help us put on one-of-a-kind events in our Conservatory space.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping the delivering an amazing experience to clients by seamlessly preparing for and execute all events, including planning, set up, execute and tear down. In short, you’ll be the go-to person for delivering an unforgettable experience for each and every event.
- Execute flawless events through exceptional customer service, planning, communication, and execution.
- Conduct timely meeting starting at 30 days out from event dates including, but not limited to 30 day sign off and final detail meetings, and weekly pre and post event phone calls.
- Attend and help facilitate rehearsal events.
- Conduct Manager on Duty shifts every other weekend.
- Oversee event day staff and vendors providing consistent direction and communication on responsibilities.
- Assist with floral installations as needed.
- Review event and floral summaries to check for accuracy, completeness of information, and proactively address issues as needed.
- Deliver an exceptional welcoming experience for event day clients and new client meetings.
- Ensure the conservatory, conference room, and VIP room, and all other client facing areas are clean and presentable.
- Train conservatory and event staff on hospitality and customer service and monitor performance.
- Ensure vendor paperwork is received, accurate, and correctly processed.
- Proactively problem solve issues that arise and manage multiple priorities while ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Maintain consistent and excellent written and verbal communication both with internal and external leaders, employees, and clients.
- Monitor and maintain staffing levels and participate in interviewing and selecting event staff in partnership with leadership and HR.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates Degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Customer Service and/or previous event preparation or execution experience required.
- Previous experience supervising or leading a team preferred.
- Pervious sales experience a plus.
- Attention to detail, well organized, strong follow-through with all tasks.
- Ability to multi-task, and act with urgency in all things.
- Excellent listening skills and a team player.
- Passionate about great experiences and great service.
- High levels of integrity, honesty, and discretion; someone who consistently earns and maintains trust.
- Ability to work within a structure/plan, but able to make on-the-spot changes as needed.
- The belief that “fun” is part of the work experience.
- Full physical mobility for the entire duration of the shift such as walking, use of carts, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to safely grip, lift and carry goods weighing up 50 lbs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work in hot and humid conditions