West Bloomfield Township, MI
Overview of the Installer Role:
Are you a self-starter that loves to work with their hands? Do you find yourself on the go and always looking for more to do? Are you tired of the seasonal nature of traditional landscape companies? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for an Installer to join our team on a permanent and year-round basis to help with the execution of plant installations throughout the Metro Detroit area.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the installation of plants and other materials in a wide variety of interior environments for Planterra clients. The Installer will also be responsible for ensuring all installations are installed with the utmost professionalism and maintain a keen sense of the customers’ needs. In short, you’ll be the go-to person for installing a wide variety of amazing interior plantscapes for our clients all year long.
- Execute interior plant installations according to specifications provided on a work order while following safety procedures.
- Organize supplies and materials needed to ensure displays are installed professionally and efficiently.
- Perform vehicle and equipment checks on a daily basis.
- Transporting display items to installation locations; loading/unloading trucks, moving boxes and displays to the installation site and designated storage space.
- Maintain workspace while on site to keep site and equipment in a continuous safe, clean, and professional state.
- Communicate project statuses to management consistently.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications of an Installer:
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet in a professional manner as issues arise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to go above and beyond for customers to deliver an amazing and professional experience.
- Desire to maintain schedules and be prompt to job sites and with all responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well in teams, independently as well as with clients and vendors.
- Experience working with plants or in a horticultural atmosphere preferred.
- A valid Michigan driver’s, Chauffeur’s license, and DOT card with a clean driving record required.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs and be constantly on the move, standing or reaching with hands, and use hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in humid and hot conditions
What You Can Expect:
- Permanent Year Round Employment
- Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly Schedule
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Think you have what it takes? Then submit your resume today!