West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Overview of the Event Crew Member Role:
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in the event planning field? Do you love to work with your hands? Do you find yourself always being that go to person to pull together amazing events? Then we want to hear from you! We’re looking for Event Crew Member’s that can help us put on one-of-a-kind events in our Conservatory space.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping set up, execute and tear down for all of our events on a seasonal basis. In addition, you’ll be on hand to help ensure that each client is delivered an amazing experience through friendly and courteous service. In short, you’ll be the go-to person for delivering an unforgettable experience for each and every event.
Responsibilities of an Event Crew Member:
- Ensure event/room setup and breakdown are completed accurately, safely and efficiently according to event design/layout.
- Setup and/or take down tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces and other event equipment or props.
- Prep, sweep and maintain general cleanliness in the event space and VIP/conference room.
- Set up hospitality beverage station as needed for events.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal staff and external clients.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills & Qualifications of an Event Crew Member:
- Attention to detail, well organized, strong follow-through with all tasks.
- Ability to multi-task, and act with urgency in all things.
- Excellent listening skills and a team player.
- Passionate about great experiences and great service.
- High levels of integrity, honesty, and discretion; someone who consistently earns and maintains trust.
- Ability to work within a structure/plan, but able to make on-the-spot changes as needed.
- The belief that “fun” is part of the work experience.
- Full physical mobility for the entire duration of the shift such as walking, use of carts, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to safely grip, lift and carry goods weighing up 50 lbs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work in hot and humid conditions
- A desire to be prompt to work and consistently reliable for their scheduled shifts
What You Can Expect:
- Flexible scheduling
- A work hard and have fun atmosphere
- Opportunity to learn more about the behind the scenes world of the events business