West Bloomfield Township, MI
Overview of the Administrative Assistant:
Do you strive to deliver an amazing experience to customers? Do you love to work independently as well as working within a team? Then this is the place for you! We’re looking for a Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The Administrative Assistant role is responsible for delivering an amazing client experience by coordinating, supporting, and facilitating communication throughout all design and sales stages of Planterra’s interior landscape, urban exterior, and holiday décor projects.
- Records and tracks all sales and design leads, projects in progress, and completed projects, maintaining an up-to-date database of each account’s status at all times. Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Serves as primary in-office contact for clients (through phone and email): gathering lead information for Designers, communicating project updates to client, scheduling site visits, and otherwise supporting design and sales processes as instructed by Creative Director.
- Manages the creation on maintenance of Job Files for each project, ensuring that notes, photos, plans, visuals, and other project documents are saved and organized for use by Designers and Project Managers. Prints and Assembles copies of Job Folder for each installation and provides to Project Manager.
- Creates and updates Proposal Requests as required, using approved formatting.
- Assists with sourcing and verifies availability, pricing, and freight on plants, replica, containers, etc. as required. This includes the sourcing and selection of exterior plants.
- Tracks status of purchased materials and updates Creative Director, installations department, and client as appropriate.
- Assists with project management from sales to installation through service hand-off.
- Attend installations and ensure quality control, independently or with Creative Director.
- Direct installation and act as primary client contact when Creative Director is not present.
- Work with Account Manager to coordinate transition from installation stage to service stage and communicate any issues with service quality as needed.
- Tracks and updates Sales and Design Google calendar with meetings and installation regularly.
- Assists with marketing and social media projects and assigned by Creative Director.
- Organizes and updates project photos according to Planterra’s system.
- Attends weekly sales and operations meetings.
- Attends site visits as required (with or without Creative Director), take notes, measurements, and photographs and learn the site for installation.
- Assists Creative Director with other projects and tasks when required. These tasks may include assisting with physical installations, running project-related errands (such as buying plants, printing plans, picking up last-minute hardware, etc), and project research.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree or higher is preferred.
- General Accounting experience is a preferred. Experience in design (architecture, interior design, landscape design, etc.) or construction management is preferred.
- Ability to provide high level customer service to both clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with managing multiple projects at the time.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills are necessary and all other suites of Microsoft 365 Office.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work well in team, as well as with internal and external clients
- Ability to lift a 20 lb.
- Ability to be on feet for several hours at a time, and bend, kneel and reach. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- This role requires some local travel to client sites. In the field in a wide variety of environments such as construction or installation sites, both indoors and outdoors, including time in hot, humid, cold, and/or rainy environments may be required. In addition, this role will spend time in an open office environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time-Off
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401 k
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Planterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Planterra is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Planterra is also committed to creating a safe environment in response to the COVID pandemic. As a result, we have put in place a range of safety protocols for all employees, clients, candidates, and vendors to ensure we are doing our part to keep all safe.