West Bloomfield, MI
Overview of the Sales Assistant Role
Are you an experienced service oriented administrator? Do you love interacting with customers and clients to ensure they have an amazing experience? Do you enjoy keeping large amounts of information together and well organized? Then this is the role for you! We’re looking for a savvy Sales Assistant to join our Events team to work with prospective clients and support the administrative needs of the team.
The Sales Assistant is responsible for supporting our Events team by delivering an amazing experience to prospective and existing clients through timely communication, as well as accurate records and proposal documentation. In short, you’ll be at the heart of keeping our prospective clients happy and our team organized and well informed!
Responsibilities of the Sales Assistant
- Courteously and efficiently answer prospective client inquiries via telephone, email, and in person.
- Answer prospective client questions to ensure they meet the correct event timeline, size, and budget guidelines.
- Schedule new client consultations with the Events Director.
- Quickly and efficiently create event proposals and follow up with prospective clients to ensure receipt and to answer questions as needed.
- Assist new clients with the contract and booking process.
- Ensure all client information is accurately entered into SmartService and Quickbooks.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure initial event deposits are received and recorded.
- Accurately create all event purchase orders for a wide variety of vendors.
- Assist the Events Director with other duties as needed.
- Support the events team with other duties as needed.
Skills & Qualifications of the Sales Assistant
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with a wide variety of audiences, including fellow employees, vendors, existing and prospective clients.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to deliver an amazing customer experience for clients, employees, vendors and beyond.
- Ability to problem solve and address concerns in a proactive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well in teams, independently as well as with clients and vendors.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- A high level of integrity and ability to keep information confidential.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous administrative experience required
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience required
- High school diploma required, Associated degree preferred
Benefits & Perks of the Sales Assistant Role
- Full-time Hourly Schedule
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Reimbursement